Stalled, the workshop has had to be packed away for family parties and visitors.
But, coding on the laptop continues so a brief outline of plans.
The Cobra uses a rotary encoder for channel select and a CPU that 'listens' to it, incrementing the N-Codes to the PLL or decrementing as necessary, controlling the channel display and mode indicators etc.
Pressing the WX button while the radio is powered up allows you to choose a weather channel on the WX sub board so that seems ideal for a band switch.
Or, I could just 'keep going', when it hits 40, the channel display rolls over to 1 but my PIC carries on up to Hi band or from 1 to 40 Lo.
I need some kind of indicator to tell me where I am, perhaps coloured LEDs behind the LCD...
All things to think about and suggestions are welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment