OK, so the counter is still dead. I know what's wrong with it and have ordered parts to repair it, they should arrive today if the post works. Probably needs a calibration too so I'll call in a favour for that.
Before I can proceed further I need to see signal into the radio, to that end I'm going to be using one of the DDS modules as a signal generator and will be picking up a couple of rotary encoders later today to build one of these:
http://www.g4jnt.com/AD9850-Controller.pdf
That should at least allow me to check through the receiver and if I get a signal there, I can make a reasonable assumption that the PLL is working correctly and all aligned correctly.
I've also managed to buy one of the Anytone/Quixiang rigs, a KPO DX-5000 (anyone know how to work out which software version?) so I'll be on air, probably listening more than chatting but the dog will still be front stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment