Monday, 24 June 2013

Drying out.

The board is almost clean, it's actually in really good shape as well, no unpleasant poker work soldering (wait 'til you see the iron I use, you'll shudder but it really is the best I've ever used) and only a couple of track cuts which have been done neatly so should be easy to sort out.

The component side of the board is a bit mucky still and I've yet to strip off the front panel so I can clean up the switches but I'm feeling oddly confident and enthused with this project.

One thing I do like about this radio, the option for dual outputs. Now I have a mind to do a MOSFET conversion on it as well but I'm getting a bit ahead of myself there I think.



Cleaned and dried nicely, it really is in pretty good condition under the muck.
PLL removed and the tracks around it aren't too bad either considering it's been hacked about (all that damage was already done)

Cup of tea time.

Now to start getting it back to stock, thanks to a great guy, (Andy) I have a PLL winging its way to me so by weekend I hope to be able to transmit.

I think now I'm going to give it some power and see if it lights up, if you see smoke, call the fire brigade.

More updates as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment