Well, sometimes real life gets in the way of fun.
Fear not though, the Dog is still alive and is on the 'To Do' shelf..
I'm still looking for a set of cases and a front. Oh and knobs.
But, for now, well it seems the bug has bitten again so I'm building up a workshop, test equipment and components.
Test equipment now:
Sayrosa/Farnell 257 AMM
Hameg Analogue Scope 30 something series.
Thandar TFM600
Three variable bench PSUs, two dual channel, one single.
AD8307 based power meter.
I've also got regular access to a spectrum analyser now too.
There have been a few radios purchased, Cobra 2010 GTL WX base station which could be really nice, a MK2 Jumbo PTBM121D4X, Magnum 257, Magnum Deltaforce, another Cobra 148TL DX, Lafayette 1200, couple of Ham Vikings and a pile of lovely scrap chassis' for parts.
So, onwards, if I ever get time to sit down and concentrate on 'The Dog' I'll post updates here, until then expect random posts about other radios and related bits n'pieces.
A brief update on the DDS board though, once the output signal was buffered, it worked beautifully as a crystal replacement, I need to manage USB/LSB offsets in software but it will make tune up of the radio beautifully simple and remove a lot of the hair's breadth alignment that needs to be done on these radios. It also tunes in steps as small as 1Hz. Which is nice but a little impractical for day to day use.
No comments:
Post a Comment